I’m a sugar addict. I know, the truth is bananas! It’s a scary truth, but orange ya glad to unpeel these issues? That’s why I’m raisin it up. We’re all faced with sugar every single day! Every one of us. How do we live with it? How do we live without it :(
This is how I know I’m a sugar addict
- I gave it up cold turkey and immediately lost 5 lbs
- Consuming zero foods with zero added sweetener meant my appetite regulated. I wasn’t chronically famished. I ate normal servings.
- Within two weeks I lost 10lbs!
- I was still eating A LOT of food, just nothing packaged or with sugar added to it (I still ate a ton of cheese, I ate fats, just not added sugars).
- When I do eat it, it’s all I want. My lowest point is binge shopping at Whole Foods for tiramisu, whoopi pies, ice cream and Lake Champlain chocolates.
- I was doing ok. I was eating some good quality chocolates here and there. I thought I could handle myself, then Girl Scout Cookie season hit.
- I’ve gained 6lbs since those Girl Scouts started selling again. Primary cause for alarm is that I’m exercising more, and the second I start consuming the sugar, fructose, honey, agave, dextrose (and whatever other scariness is in those Girl Scouts’ cookies) the weight just jumps back on. Because eating those foods means I can’t stop eating. Period. I can consume 3,000 calories/day and still want more.
- Because I CAN’T STOP! Eating processed foods and added sugar really does screw with my brain and my body.
- When I don’t eat the sugar, I feel fine. I feel regular, balanced, nourished.
- It will be a lifelong struggle.
- Thanks to my natural, mother-nature grown friends in the photo up top.
- Thanks to my parents for being health-food nuts in the 70s (although, this be the reason my adult body can’t handle the sugar).