Truly, 27 things gone! Basically a “thing” is a decision. That pile of pouches, each pouch was a bit of a decision. I collect these things. Not sure why, most the time they just sit in a drawer. I’ve never needed this many at once.
November 8 — Five (piles of things) things I got rid of today (and why)
- Toiletry bag and pouches—I have so many of these things! This is the pile of where I drew the line.
- Beauty supplies (brushes, headbands, sharpener)—all duplicates
- A glass—nothing wrong with it, other than the memories it triggers. Not bad memories, just odd. This is another Crate&Barrel thing I shouldn’t have bought. I used to work near the outlet, as I result I always did deal-focused retail therapy here. As a result I unintentionally conditioned myself to dislike Crate&Barrel as well as deals.
- Ear buds & cord holder—Is three sets of ‘buds enough? Hope so, that’s what I kept. The cord holder I was briefly excited about, but it didn’t work well (bulky and cord often popped loose)
- Trinkets and doodads (a silly cardboard sign, mini picture frame, magnets, lighter—the lighter was by far the most challenging choice to purge. I don’t remember why I have it. But, it has been with me a long time. It has a working traffic light design. Click it and all the lights blink! That was the why I was keeping it. But, I knew I needed to get rid of it because, as cute as it is, it kept hogging my attention in a way I did not value. As soon as I removed it from it’s home on my desk (placing it in the discard pile), it lost all it’s magic. This happens a lot. It might be the most powerful technique I’ve discovered yet.
What’s this all about? Check out my November pact to purge